Beautiful beaches, white, green, red, pink, and even black sand, phenomenal hiking, biking, kayaking, sailing, swimming, etc. etc. If one of those aspects catch your attention, Hawaii is the destination for you.
And best of all…American Airlines, just released fantastic award availability for flights starting tomorrow through the end of schedule (September 2021).
In my experience, most people fall into one of these categories:
- A) You’re searching for a great award ticket right now. In that case go after it!
- B) You’re not necessarily searching for award space, but could be tempted with the right price.
- C) You’re Not looking for award space but could use the practice in searching for open seats.
- D) A & C (not excluding F)
- E) B & C (not including A, but exclusive of E)
- All of the above
Don’t you despise those types of multiple choice tests!? 🤣
Anyway, to arrive in Hawaii, American Airlines has required no less than 85,000 miles (one-way) for a lie-flat business class seat.
But if you have some AA miles currently collecting dust and/or you’re just looking to get away, you have two things (and perhaps a bonus depending on when you plan to fly) working for you at the moment…
- Hawaii just reopened with no quarantine required given you provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test
- AA is now charging 1/2 the “normal” price to get there
The bonus…AA flying their flagship 777-300ER that has 3 cabins (economy, biz, and first). But here’s the trick…you can book a business class ticket, select a first class seat (first two rows of the cabin) and not pay any extra miles for it. If you’re interested in that opportunity, check out Ben’s post on OMAAT.
So let’s dive into some fun details…
- Product: American Airlines Business and/or First Class
- Departure City: New York (LGA and EWR) / Chicago (ORD)
- Arrival City: Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kona (KOA), and Kauai (LIH)
- Dates: every month between November 2020 – September 2021
- Availability: WIDE OPEN!
Award Rates (per person, one-way nonstop)
- American Advantage: 45,000 miles
…IN NOVEMBER 2020….
…AND EVEN AS FAR OUT AS SEPTEMBER 2021…
AND PICK THESE SEATS….
It’s worth noting that American Airlines also flies to Maui (OGG), Kona (KOA), and Kauai (LIH). The OGG and KOA route offer lie-flat seats but LIH does not.
In my opinion, it’s a solid product (particularly for the 45,000 miles and the potential to try out the First Class seat). If you’re focused more on quantity, it’s only 20,000 miles in economy from the east coast.
Shoot your shot!!
Are you planning to book this award space?
Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.