Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.
World of Hyatt just launched a new promotion and it could be incredibly lucrative, both, for those paying cash and/or redeeming points. Let’s take a look at the details…
BONUS JOURNEYS PROMOTION
If the promotion title of ‘ Bonus Journeys’ sounds vaguely familiar, you’re correct. It appears World of Hyatt enjoys using this title as they have used it several times including twice this year (like HERE).
Regardless, this promotion provides much more value! Here is what you need to know…
First, before we get into the details, REGISTER HERE (or at least before 30 November 2020) even if you don’t plan to stay in any Hyatt hotels until 2057. Plans change, you will have forgotten about this promotion, and thus lost out on points for a hotel stay that you made anyway.
Ok, now let’s look at the details. Members will earn rewards with every qualifying stay completed by 4 January 2021 including:
- 3X points for every qualifying stay (up to 150,000 Bonus Points)
- 4X points for every qualifying resort stay (up to 75,000 Bonus Points) for World of Hyatt Credit Card members <—SUPER LUCRATIVE!!
- All nights count twice for everyone – once when they’re earned and again in 2021 toward elite status and Milestone Rewards
There are some aspects to be aware of, including:
- This promotion is valid for stays at all Hyatt properties, participating MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations, and Lindland Expedition experiences (FULL LIST HERE)
- Any stays booked prior to the promotion still qualify as long as you register prior to check-out of your first stay
- Bonus points will appear in your World of Hyatt account within 21 days
For simplicity, here’s a breakdown of how lucrative this promotion can be:
- Member Status = 15 Hyatt points per dollar
- Discoverist Status = 15.5 Hyatt points per dollar
- Explorist Status = 16 Hyatt points per dollar
- Globalist Status = 16.5 Hyatt points per dollar
And if you pay with the World of Hyatt Credit Card, you earn an additional 4 World of Hyatt points per dollar spent. Quickly doing the math, you’re looking at 19+ Hyatt points per dollar if you’re simply a member (which you should be because all you have to do is sign up for the program) but have the credit card. Wow!
BUT IT GETS EVEN BETTER
You may remember, this summer Hyatt announced a promotion in which you could receive 15% off award redemptions and those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card would receive an additional 10% off (for a total of 25% off).
The promotion was valid for stays through 8 October 2020, but Hyatt further extended the award discount for stays through 4 January 2021. CHA-CHING!
Hopefully, you followed my directions then and registered but if not, no worries as Hyatt extended the registration period through 1 December 2020 too. So again, REGISTER NOW even if you don’t plan to stay in a Hyatt hotel until 2073. <—why does the year continue to grow!? 🤣
It’s worth mentioning that in early 2019, Hyatt and American Airlines launched a partnership where members could earn reciprocal benefits in each other’s elite programs. In other words, you would be “double-dipping” and earning AA Miles in your sleep and Hyatt Points in the air.
Overall, I’d say this is a pretty exciting and lucrative promotion from Hyatt.
Do you plan to take advantage of this promotion?