Marriott has just opened registration for its latest promotion and it’s valid for the next several weeks.
It has been two months since Marriott ran its last promotion so let’s look at the details.
EARN 2500 MARRIOTT POINTS
This promotion is open to members of the Marriott Bonvoy Program (sign up HERE, it’s free). Members will earn:
- 2500 Bonvoy points per stay
- Valid for stays between 13 August and 18 October 2020
There are a few other points of interest:
- You have to REGISTER for this promotion to obtain the points
- Only paid stays obtain the bonus points (not award stays)
- The amount of points accrued from this promotion are unlimited
- This promotion is a global promotion, so all hotels are eligible
- Additionally, members will receive a one-time bonus of 5,000 points after the third stay
I value Bonvoy points at .7 cents so each 2500 points is worth $17.50. After you factor in the additional 5,000 point bonus AFTER YOUR THIRD STAY, you would have a return of nearly $30 per night.
- 1st Stay: 2500 Points
- 2nd Stay: 2500 Points
- 3rd Stay: 2500 Points + 5000 Points
Total = 12,500 Points = $29.16 per night (or ~$88 total return)
That’s a good return but not extremely exciting in a way that would make me change all of my future bookings to Marriott. However, if you tend to book inexpensive stays within the Marriott brand (i.e. Aloft, Element, etc.), this could result in good savings.
It’s worth noting that if you have status with Marriott, you’ll earn additional points:
- Silver Elite = 10% bonus points
- Gold Elite = 25% bonus points
- Platinum Elite = 50% bonus points
- Titanium Elite = 75% bonus points
- Ambassador Elite = 75% bonus points
OTHER WAYS TO OBTAIN MARRIOTT POINTS
If you’re a seeking to rack up Marriott points even faster, definitely take a look at:
- The Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card which currently has a welcome bonus of 50,000 Bonvoy bonus points after spending $1,000 within three months or;
- The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card which currently has a welcome bonus of 100,000 Bonvoy bonus points after spending $3,000 within three months
It has been a few months since Marriott ran their last promotion and hotel vacancy has been fairly abysmal but it’s good to see that promotions are making a return.
If you are planning to stay at a Marriott property, I would definitely register for this promotion. And as always…even if you don’t have a Marriott hotel stay on the calendar, I would register for the promotion anyway. I am always grateful when I see bonus points post in my account after a promotion that I had not planned to take advantage of but signed up for “just in case.”
Anyone planning to take advantage of this promotion?