When it comes to travel, there is only one thing that I love more than flying…and that’s applying a discount and flying for even less miles.
One of the best uses for Air France/KLM Flying Blue Miles is booking flights during their monthly Promo Awards. During these sales you will find, specific, award flights that have been discounted (between 20-50% off) for travel on Air France and KLM.
And with the start of a new month, Air France/KLM have just published their latest Promo Awards.
Direct Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
Book Between: December 1 – December 31, 2019
Travel Between: February 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020
- Air France Premium Economy class awards to/from Washington-Dulles
- Air France & KLM Premium Economy awards to/from Chicago (O’Hare)
- Air France & KLM Business class awards to/from Chicago (O’Hare)
- Air France & KLM Economy Class awards to/from Boston
- Air France & KLM Economy class awards to/from Washington-Dulles
- Air France Premium Economy awards to/from New York (JFK)
- Air France Premium Economy awards to/from Mexico City
- KLM Business class awards to/from Minneapolis
- Air France & KLM Economy class awards to/from Chicago (O’Hare)
- KLM Business class awards to/from Edmonton
- KLM Business class awards to/from Calgary
- Air France & KLM Business awards to/from Toronto
There are a few “challenges” you may want to consider before exploring these Flying Blue Promo Awards.
First, and per the terms and conditions, Promo awards cannot be changed, cancelled, or refunded.
Second…surcharges! Depending on the cities and flights, your surcharges will range ~$45-$200 each way. The dollar amount is a bit higher than US carriers but in my experience, you’ll enjoy a slightly more refined experience so a few extra dollars may be worth it.
Third, Flying Blue has some unique nuances. For example, it’s possible you’ll see a cheaper rate for a connecting itinerary. For instance, a ticket from a North American gateway city to Prague (via Paris) is cheaper than a ticket just between the North American gateway city and Paris.
Confusing, yeah!? Although, it takes a bit more research, I recommend completing a few city searches if you have some flexibility.
WHERE CAN I GET FLYING BLUE MILES?
Keep in mind that you can transfer points to Air France/KLM Flying Blue from Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou. With so many partners, it should be fairly quick and easy to accumulate a lot of Flying Blue points.
Demand for transatlantic flights during the winter is, typically, slow so this list comes as no surprise. However, if you’re looking to explore some great European cities without a ton of tourists, this is the sale that you’re looking for.
Overall, this is an ok list. Remember, this sale is not limited to the USA, it covers many routes throughout the world so it’s worth checking out the promotion page and selecting the other tabs.
Pro-Tip: If you would like to take advantage of the lower costs when connecting…Budapest, Dublin, Edinburgh, Krakow, Oslo, Stockholm, and Vienna are solid bets as final destinations.
Anyone plan on taking advantage of one of these new Promo Awards?