Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.
Have you ever seen (or heard) something that made you say “Wow! I want to go there!” or “That’s amazing. I want to do that!” Perhaps, you felt inspired to see other parts of the world after reading an awesome blog about a black man that jaunts around the world with his family in business class and luxury hotels? 😉
There is nothing wrong with being inspired. It happens to me daily, not because I’m trying to keep up with the Jones’ but because I value experiences. There’s just something special about having a once-in-a-lifetime experience (particularly if the “value” of the experience is beyond your financial means but you can redeem points and do it for free) and I’m a sucker for unique experiences!
Marriott has an auction-style platform called “Marriott Bonvoy Moments” where members have the ability to bid and redeem Bonvoy points for unique experiences.
WATCH SOME HOOPS
Are you interested in watching your favorite Filipino basketball star, like five-time MVP June Mar Fajardo of the Philippines Basketball Association (PBA), take the court in Dubai? Well at the moment, you can bid an amazingly low 1,000 points and see him.
A NIGHT AT THE THEATRE
Perhaps, the theatre is more your style. Well at the moment, it appears that 70,000 points will grant you and a guest:
- VIP balcony tickets to Carmen at the Royal Opera House Muscat
- A meet & greet with the artists after the performance
- A one-night stay in a Deluxe Pool View room at Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- Breakfast at Al Khiran Kitchen.
- Private transfer to the Royal Opera House Muscat and;
- Performance playbill
Note: Typically, one night at Al Bustan Palace is $500.
Perhaps, you’re more interested in something a bit closer to home. How about taking the field with your young cubby…
Per the website, the experience includes:
- Field Box Home Plate tickets to watch the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs game on Sunday, 15 September 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
- Opportunity for a 7 to 13-year-old child to run on the field before the first pitch on Sunday, 15 September 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
- Group photo of your child with the other participating members
- Youth-size Cubs t-shirt
- Package is for two people
And last but not least… perhaps, you’re Bonvoy points rich and just want to put the petal to the metal. For a cool ~700,000 points…
I’ve said this before in other blog posts…yes, there are a lot of opportunities to obtain amazing value for your points. But what good is redeeming your points if the experience doesn’t give you joy?
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of baseball so even if the Cubs package above was going for 1,000 points, I probably wouldn’t consider it.
Most of the prominent travel bloggers value Marriott points at 0.8 cents per point. To determine the “value” of your points, simply multiply the points by .008, and it you will have the approximate dollar value. For example, if you plan to bid 700,000 points for Grand Cayman Package, your points are worth $5600 (700k x .008). In other words, you’d be “paying” $5600 for that experience.
The bottom line is YOUR points should be used for YOUR aspirations and YOUR bucket list. If that includes the theatre in Muscat, Oman…GO FOR IT! Life is about experiences.
If you’re interested in boosting your Marriott Bonvoy account balance, there are many ways to earn Marriott points. However, now is a terrific time to open one of the program’s cobranded credit cards, as they’re offering the following welcome bonuses:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card [Read More]: Earn 75,000 points after you use your new card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first three months.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card [Read More]: Earn 75,000 points after you use your new card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first three months.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn 75,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
Have you ever bid on a Marriott Moment? Will you be bidding on any of the current moments?