Chase offers several United Airlines co-brand credit cards but one of them just received a big boost when it comes to the welcome bonus. But that’s not all…the annual fee is waived for the first year. Let’s take a look at the details…
THE UNITED EXPLORER CARD
Right now, the United Explorer Card is offering a tiered welcome bonus where you can earn up to 70,000 bonus MileagePlus miles:
- 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months and;
- 10,000 additional bonus miles after spending A TOTAL of $6,000 within the first 6 months
Though the offer is for 70,000 miles, you’ll have at the minimum 76,000 miles when the 6 months is complete.
SO WHAT ARE THE PERKS OF THE CARD?
The United Explorer Card welcome bonus is available through 13 January 2021 and offers quite a few perks, including:
- Two United Club passes annually <–that’s the lounge
- First checked bag free for the cardmember and a companion (on the same reservation)
- A Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credit (once every four years)
- 2x at Restaurants and eligible delivery services (e.g. Grubhub, Caviar, Seamless, & DoorDash)
- 2x at Hotels (when purchased directly with the hotel)
- 2x at United (including inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi)
- Access to expanded award availability
- The ability to get Premier upgrades on award tickets
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR THE CARD?
When applying for any card, there are always considerations to think about.
It’s worth noting with this specific card that you are NOT eligible if:
- you currently have the card or;
- have received the welcome bonus on this card in the past 24 months
But again, Chase offers several United Airlines’ credit cards so you are still eligible if you carry one of the other United MileagePlus cards.
And as always, consider your 5/24 status because…well, this is Chase. There’s no reason to take a hard hit on your credit if you can determine ahead of time whether you’re going to be denied.
Right now, the United Explorer Card is offering a tiered welcome bonus where you can earn up to 70,000 bonus MileagePlus miles.
Recognizing that a lot of miles are being offered with a fairly reasonable spend (~$1000/month), the card has great perks, and it doesn’t have an annual fee for the first year makes this a solid offer even if you only plan to fly once in a year.
If you’re wondering what you can do with ~70,00 miles…how about a business class flight to South Africa?
Are you planning to apply for the United Explorer Card with the new 70k bonus?
Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.