Tapas, siesta, paella, another siesta on the Mediterranean beach, Picasso, and Flamenco into the night with good wine. If one of those aspects catch your attention, Iberia Airlines, the flag carrier airline of Spain, has fantastic award availability for late 2021 with as many as four business class seats available.
In my experience, most people fall into one of these categories:
- A) You’re searching for a great award ticket right now. In that case go after it!
- B) You’re not necessarily searching for award space, but could be tempted with the right price.
- C) You’re Not looking for award space but could use the practice in searching for open seats.
- D) A & C (not excluding F)
- E) B & C (not including A, but exclusive of E)
- All of the above
Don’t you despise those types of multiple choice tests!? 🤣
Anyway, Spencer Howard offers a free email newsletter, where he sends out award availability alerts. I would recommend that you sign up for it because he often flags award availability when it becomes available and discusses the best ways to book the ticket.
Some examples include the (super rare) Qantas First Class, the famous Qatar Qsuites to Doha, TAP Air Portugal Business Class to Portugal, Cathay Pacific Business Class To Hong Kong, etc. But in short, if you’re looking to fly somewhere, he’s probably covered it.
Today, he flagged:
- Product: Iberia Business Class
- Departure City: Boston (BOS) / New York (JFK) / Chicago (ORD)
- Arrival City: Madrid (MAD)
- Dates: September – October 2021
Award Rates (per person, one-way nonstop)
- American Advantage: 57,500 miles
- British Airways Executive Club: 34,000 Avios (massive surcharges)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles: 122,000 miles (round-trip only)
- Iberia Plus: 34,000 Avios
- JAL Mileage Bank: 42,000 miles (one-way); 80,000 (round-trip)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer: 61,200 points; 75,000 points (from ORD)
Best Way to Book: Book with Iberia Plus Avios (not through BA Avios). At only 34,000 Avios for a one-way non-stop (68,000 round-trip) ticket, it’s one of the cheapest business class awards to Europe.
You’ll never see Iberia’s Business class mentioned on any “Top 5 Business Class Products You Have To Experience” list, however, don’t sleep on it. It’s a solid product (particularly for the 34,000 miles). If you’re focused more on quantity, it’s only 17,000 miles in economy.
Are you planning to book this award space?
Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.