Let’s get straight to the point…some of the links on this site pay 1TattedPassport a referral bonus for anyone that is approved. For our complete advertising policy and details about our partners, please click HERE. Although using the links are completely optional, we are eternally grateful when you do.
TAP Air Portugal, the flag carrier of Portugal, is currently running a phenomenal sale from the US to Europe.
Generally, it’s always cheaper to fly from Europe to the US but TAP is providing a rare opportunity to see Europe for cheap ($82 one-way or ~$200 roundtrip).
TAP AIR PORTUGAL
If you’re not familiar with TAP, they are members of Star Alliance and known for cheap business class fares, many times as low as $500. Unfortunately, this deal is for economy and not business. But they operate an extensive network and fly to several US cities including:
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Miami (MIA)
- Newark (EWR)
- New York (JFK)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington (IAD)
If you’re based outside the US, here are some additional North American destinations that may have some reduced fares too:
- Toronto (YYZ)
- Cancun (CUN)
I did not complete an exhaustive search because I want to send this out as soon as possible but I made it fairly simple for you to find the fares. Simply click on the link(s) below and browse the calendar for dates that fit you:
- $72 – Newark (EWR) to Paris (ORY) (one-way)
- $82 – San Francisco (SFO) to London (LHR) (one-way)
- $88 – New York (JFK) to London (LHR) (one-way)
- $93 – San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) (one-way)
- $108 – Miami (MIA) to Barcelona (BCN) (one-way)
- $118 – Washington D.C. (IAD) to Paris (ORY) (one-way)
- $229 – San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) (roundtrip)**
- $255 – New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) (roundtrip)**
** = I focused on one-way flights, but the price of a roundtrip flight is comparable to two one-ways.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
There are a few aspects worth considering if you’re interested in booking these flights:
- There is a $300 fee if you change your ticket. That’s steep! In other words, make sure your dates pretty solid!
- Additionally, a stopover is even permitted in Lisbon (for up to 120 hours) without increasing the fare but you have to book directly through TAP Air Portugal.
If you’re NOT interested in staying up to 120 hours, there are options for an extremely long layover.
Personally, I would recommend a stopover. Portugal is one of my favorites and an undiscovered jewel that many people haven’t written about (yet). So get there before “it’s cool.”
These deals are available as soon as next week and well into the summer of 2021.
Personally, I would NOT book a flight for next week. However, I recognize many people are going stir-crazy and booking ‘flights to no-where’ so if a flight next week appeals to you, I would check the current entry restrictions HERE.
For the majority of American citizens, Europe is partially restricted but given these fares are available through next summer, it may be worth making a speculative booking.