I’ve written about Amex offers countless times including would you pay $100 to receive $500 off?
Given the current climate, I expected we may see offers designed to fit new “lifestyles” (e.g. offers related to food delivery, small business, home essentials, etc).
Over the past week or so, I’ve seen my American Express card profiles updated with several new amex offers so it appears a new trend is on the horizon.
Earn Bonus Membership Rewards Points At Amazon
As you can see above, the offer allows you to:
- Get 5 additional Membership Rewards points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases made using your enrolled Card online at Amazon.com by 7/22/2020 (limit of 2,000 Membership Rewards points).
Considering the variety of items you can buy through Amazon this is a very nice offer to be targeted for and it’s an offer that most people should be able to max-out quite easily given that we have until 22 July to complete the necessary spending ($400).
The breakdown of points you will receive from specific cards are as follows:
- Blue Business Plus Credit Card: 7 points/dollar
- Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card: 6.5 points/dollar
- Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card: 6.2 points/dollar
- All other Membership Rewards Cards: 6 points/dollar
By no means am I suggesting that you spend any additional money at Amazon (particularly to get points) in these uncertain times.
Over the past 3 weeks, 20+ million individuals have filed for unemployment so we are very much in uncharted waters. You will continue to hear me say “operate well below your means.” That’s the only ‘safe place.’
However, if you’re spending money at Amazon anyway (which I assume many people are), this offer is worth using.
Personally, I was targeted on my Blue Business Card which I was happy to see.
Was anyone else targeted for the Amazon offer?