It pays to be subscribed to various airlines and actually read their emails! Air Canada launched a promotion that could prove helpful to Canadians and all lovers of Air Canada. The promotion is a decent promotion, particularly, if you have a flight with them anyway. Let’s take a look…
I received the offer via email, however it appears that it is open to the public.
The AIR CANADA OFFER reads as such:
For a limited time, earn up to 7,500 bonus Aeroplan Miles for every eligible roundtrip or two one-way segments on all routes system‑wide.
- You must register for this offer between 21 January 2020 and 4 February 2020. A one-time registration is required
- Subject to the fare option purchased, a flat bonus of either 1,000, 3,000 or 7,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded for eligible flights flown for new bookings only made between 21 January 2020 and 4 February 2020 by 19:59 Eastern Time (inclusive), for travel on eligible flights between 21 January 2020 and 30 June 2020.
- To qualify as new, the booking must have been created for the first time during the eligible promotional period, with a new reference number. Any booking made prior to the start of the promotion that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the promotion.
- Only valid on eligible scheduled direct flights within Canada, and between Canada and the U.S., Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, South America, and sun destinations operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada Rouge for travel between 21 January 2020 and 30 June 2020.
If you just skimmed through all of those words and appreciate graphics (like me), here’s something a bit simpler…
To qualify for the 1,000, 3,000 or 7,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, the eligible round trips or two one-way segments must be travelled in the following eligible fare options:
- 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles North America & Sun – Economy Standard; Economy Flex; comfort; or Economy Latitude.
- 3,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles North America & Sun – Premium Economy lowest; Premium Economy flexible; Premium Rouge; Business Class lowest; or Business Class flexible.
- 3,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles International – Economy Standard; Economy Flex; comfort; or Economy Latitude.
- 7,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles International – Premium Economy flexible; Premium Rouge; Business Class lowest; or Business Class flexible.
It’s worth noting that the terms and conditions state:
- Not valid on published fares that do not allow for Aeroplan mile accumulation.
- Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for mileage accumulation.
In other words, do not book an award ticket and expect to receive bonus miles for the flight.
Again, you can register for the promotion and see the full terms here.
Although, Air Canada went through a transition over the last few months and had some bumps along the way (like THIS and THIS), they are one of my favorite airlines to book award tickets with since their website is decent, the point transfers from American Express are instant, and they don’t have high surcharges for many of their partners.
While the best bonus requires (at minimum) International Premium Economy, extra miles are extra miles. Even earning an extra 1,000 miles on a cheap roundtrip ticket is particularly nice if you know you have plans to fly on them in the next 6 months anyway
As I always say with any promotion, register for the promotion straight away even if you don’t have any plans to fly on Air Canada. In the next 15 minutes, you will forget about this offer, and ironically, will make a reservation in the coming months where you could’ve earned additional points for a flight that you were going to complete anyway.
Do you have any scheduled flights for Air Canada in the next 6 months?