Japan is AMAZING [drops mic, exits stage left]! But seriously though… when you can speed through the streets of Tokyo dressed as a character in Mario Kart, indulge in multiple power naps at work (which is extremely common and accepted), visit pay-to-cuddle cafes or the cafe staff are dressed like French maids, eat at a robot restaurant or in the city with the most Michelin star restaurants in world, how could it not be amazing? There’s, literally, something for everyone’s fancy.
Note: If you raised your eyebrows with fascination (or confusion) at the ideas above, feel free to google any of them. I’m not exaggerating!
It’s one of the few places on earth where no matter how many times you visit, you’ll still have some sensory overload, mind-blowing experience, you’ll like it, and you’ll plan another trip.
JAPAN AIRLINES PROMOTION
Japan Airlines (JAL) just announced a new promotion where they are offering a chance to win up to 50,000 free round-trip tickets (thus 100,000 seats) on JAL domestic routes.
You have to be an overseas visitor to Japan during the promotion period and here are the steps to win:
- Step 1: You have to join their frequent flyer program – Japan MileageBank. It’s free so just sign up now.
- Step 2: Go to the Win a Trip with JAL application screen and apply when the promotion is launched
- Step 3: JAL will show you 4 possible destinations that depart from Tokyo – Haneda airport or Osaka – Kansai airport (important note: if you search again, the destinations will change).
- The tickets will be for travel within Japan
- You can apply for up to 4 passengers
- And if you are selected, you will receive an email within 3 days of applying telling you where you’re going
- Step 4: Experience the beauty of Japan!
The promotion will open sometime in late February 2020 and the travel period is between July 1, 2020 (Wed) – September 30 (Wed).
Again, this service is available only to visitors of Japan.
Although the registration period is 2 months away, and the experience is a bit niche, it could be a great opportunity to experience a different part of Japan…for free.
I know I’ve helped quite a few people book award (and paid tickets) for the time just before, during, and just after the olympics so if you have some spare time, get off the beaten path.
Similar to most countries, every city offers something different. I’ve been to Japan countless times and trust me, regardless to where you go, you’ll love it!
And don’t worry I’ll post this article again when the application opens.
Have you even been to Japan? What was your experience?